Friday, August 10, 2012

Kid's room

Finally a post that is actually about the house!  But it's also about the kids, so...

This week we moved Dietrich to a "big boy bed" which he loves.  He gets up every morning and tells me "big  boy bed!"  So it was time to figure out how to get two kids and their piles of stuff into one room.  What's especially frustrating about this is that we live in a four bedroom house, so each of our kids could technically have their own rooms.  However, there are only two bedrooms on the upstairs level, ours and the kid's.  The next bedroom is down two (short) flights of stairs and has a door to the backyard in it.  So I am not quite ready to put my two year old that far away from me with easy access to escape, or be stolen.  Plus I'm sure that sharing a room is good for them psychologically blah blah blah...I am one of those terrible people who never had to share a room, at least not until college and I'm pretty sure I was a decent enough roommate even so (right Angela?)

So I guess to be fair not ALL of their things have to fit in this room because we do have a "playroom" in the basement, also known as the extra toy/clothing/furniture/dog kennel room.

There are still decorating items to be picked out, purchased, and hung, but at least we finally figured out how to arrange the room so both beds fit.  We did have to give up and move one of the dressers to the basement and move a smaller one up that we put in the closet.  

Uncle Paul painted the tree and the little book shelf is one that my Dad built for me when I was little.
 This crib was mine, and Paul's and Dietrich's of course, and now (maybe) Lenorah will be sleeping in it soon!  Grammy Laurel made us the cool new blind for the window.
 Oh look a crib model!
 Bryce built this dresser before Lenorah was born, I can't remember if I already blogged about it or not...but he built it from scratch and it's awesome!  It is now also the changing table.
 Here is the closet jam packed full of clothes!  Bryce opened it a few weeks ago and said "holy cow, where did all this pink come from!?"


Hopefully I can finish decorating soon and have more fun pictures for you!

1 comment: