Thursday, October 17, 2013

It's happening

When I found out I was pregnant with Lenorah, Dietrich was only 15 months old.  My due date was just 5 days before his second birthday.  And since we all know that my kids like to be prompt (both born on their due dates) their birthdays are 5 days apart, there are exactly two years between them.  When I told people how close they would be everyone would tell me "two years is perfect!  They will have so much fun together!"  My Grandma has children that are 6 years, 2 years, and 4 years apart.  She told me the two years was best because they played together.  When Len was first born I was so nervous about having two kids but I remember telling my friend Shawna, it's not as bad as I thought it would be!  Then Lenorah started moving at only 6 months old...then it got really, really hard.  A friend that Bryce works with was pregnant with their second, they would be less than two years apart, he worried they were too close in age, Bryce told them "yeah, they are."  Someone announced on facebook that they are pregnant, the kids will be 18 months apart, instead of congrats I want to say "that's going to suck.  Enjoy this time now, you will be so tired, stressed, etc."  But I know that's not true for everyone.  Everyone does this parent thing differently, and no matter how close or far apart our kids are, you just do it.  It's not like you can say, oh no, this isn't what I wanted, re-do.  

And then one day it happens, they DO start playing together.  They have games that they play together and Dietrich wakes up and asks where Baby is and Len wakes up and wants to take a "yum-yum" (vitamin) to her sleeping brother.  And suddenly it makes that time of exhaustion seem worth it.  They have a built in play-mate, someone they get to share everyday with.  After swim lessons last night Dietrich asked Lenorah "Did you see me make a big splash?"  I thought he was talking to me and I hadn't heard him so I asked him what he said, he told me he was telling Lenorah about his big splash.  All this sweet playing together and amazing loving and fighting going on between them, almost makes me think I'm ready for another baby...almost.




 I know this is so blurry, but you can still see those big smiling faces as they run past me!  So much fun!


It's pretty awesome seeing these two together.  Everyday a friend ready to play a game with you.  How great is that?

2 comments:

  1. My 2 older boys are only 20 months apart and it was hard. But now they play (and fight) together. I waited 2.5 years to have my last baby and it was perfect. These young years are the hardest, but I think they are the most rewarding. After all, we have forever to know our kids as adults but only a very short time to know them as children.

    ReplyDelete