Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lobster Tails

When I got married pretty much the only thing I could cook were noodles and bagels. I'm sure there are a few other things I could manage, but I just didn't cook. When you live alone what is the point of making a whole meal when you can eat a bagel and be happy? Now that I am married I see that it is important to have at least a few meals you can make, especially when you have a big eater husband like I do! He also likes to cook and definitely helps me out sometimes. We broadened our horizons a few weeks ago with BBQ lobster tails. They were amazing, and I was incredibly proud of myself for moving on from noodles and making something really cool!


I especially love how Thisbe is in the background saying, "can I have some?"


Lobster tails are not something that we will be eating very often around here, most meals still consist of noodles, but usually they are in a casserole, which makes them much more interesting! It amazes me how I went from never cooking to making a meal every night, and I'm not too bad at it. I even had a friend tell me she wants all my recipes because she never knows what to make. I think what really cracks me up about that last sentence is how two years ago I would NEVER being talking about recipes for dinner with my friends, all conversations revolved around work, where to live, and boys. Oh how time changes things!

1 comment:

  1. That is great!! Congrats for trying something new. I would be so intimidated to do lobster tails.

    ReplyDelete