Thursday, January 21, 2010

Guest Room

As part of our plan to get to the baby room we decided that our basement guest room should be finished. That way we can move stuff from the upstairs guest room that will be the baby room, to this room. Everyone already loves this room because it is cool and private and you have your own bathroom. So last weekend mom and I started painting, here are the before pictures:




I decided that I hated this light blue a couple of weeks ago, and in the picture above you can see they did a weird gray paint job on the nook where the bed goes. Here I am painting away:

Mom and I took a break to buy more paint and decided to stop at Great Floors to check out carpet prices. They were having a great deal with free installation and a sale on some good carpet, so we made an order and the carpet was put in today!

When Bryce got home this evening we put the bed back and I started decorating:


Now we have a beautiful, fresh and clean basement room for all the guests that we hope to have when baby arrives!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Keely. That looks awesome! Would you like company on Sunday evening? Not for the night but just to say hi. The girls and I might be traveling in the truck with Joshua and we're headed to Hayden. Thought we'd stop in to see you, rub your belly, and look at your house! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks wonderful! :)
    I'm sure all of your guests will love staying in their own little luxury 'hotel room' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the accent wall!! The whole room looks just awesome!

    ReplyDelete