Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pantry Complete!

I was told that as the leading love interest in my "story" I should go into some great detail on how awesome and sexy Bryce is now that he has completed my new pantry. But to tell you the truth, the awesome and sexy bit isn't really from his ability to build me a pantry, it's all because of this:
What could possibly be more awesome and sexy than seeing your husband play with your child? Besides that they are in matching overalls and Dietrich is teething on a hammer. Seriously doesn't get much hotter than that.
"Dad, will you show me how to use that power tool again? That was so cool!"

It wasn't very long after we moved in (probably right away now that I come to think of it) that we were setting up the bookshelf that we would be using as a "pantry" when Bryce suggested that someday we could turn the coat closet around so that there was a door in the kitchen and turn it into a pantry. This was of course a brilliant idea! There are two closets in the hallway and one of them is probably supposed to be a broom closet, but we mostly used it to store junk. So Bryce turned the narrow closet into a coat closet by putting two bars in, one high one for his coats and a lower one for mine. Although the coats are a little crowded, I would way rather have crowded coats than nowhere to put my food! So we started cutting...
And then we broke through the wall!
Finally, Bryce put up new drywall and after several attempts finally matched up the texture. I painted and then we hung pictures. Now instead of a door here it's a wall!
And instead of a wall, here we have a door! The second he was done putting in the shelves I started filling it full of food, dishes, and appliances...
Ta-da! I love it so much. In fact I spent most of Saturday and Sunday cooking and baking in my fresh and clean kitchen. The shelves are so deep that there is plenty of room for extra supplies behind what is already there. I can't believe how organized I feel now, and the really cool part is it's like the house has always been this way. We kind of wonder if they made a mistake when building, because really, who needs two hall closets? I think every house should have a pantry!
And of course I am incredibly thankful to my awesome and sexy husband, who has the ability and knowledge to complete such home improvement projects. A friend stopped by and I showed her what we did, she asked "How, how did you do that?" Thank goodness I have a husband who is actually capable of doing the things that I suggest!

2 comments:

  1. That first picture is adorable! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe-some! Completely agree, that picture is wicked cute.

    ReplyDelete