Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Flowers and Plants and a Garden too!

This year our BIG projects for the summer are going to be the yard and the front steps. After last year where I apparently spent the entire summer indoors with my sweet new baby, I have been spending a lot of time outside! Remember this? The lovely lava rock that lined our driveway when we moved in:
Well now it looks like this! (Oh my gosh, how much better does our lawn look!!?)
This is the corner, I have slowly been making plans for it. So far it has this cute plum tree that we planted on Dietrich's 1st Birthday and the day lily that my in-laws gave me for mother's day.
And this spot that just looks like dirt (oh, wait, because it is) is where I just planted a whole bunch of seeds for some pretty flowers. Hopefully in the next month or so I will have pictures of actual flowers here!
And now I will show you a picture of every single flower that I have planted this year:


Look a tomato plant, with tomatoes on it!


And now...da da da DAAA, my GARDEN! This is where the dog kennel was when we moved in, there was no grass here so we decided it was a good place to start a garden.
We have some lettuce, peppers and onions, carrots, and strawberries. At the back you can see my little raspberry bushes, and apparently my clothes on the line too, NICE.
This is the best our yard has looked since we moved in, the lawn is green and filling in and the flowers are adding some nice color. We really enjoy looking outside and seeing all the fun changes this year!

2 comments:

  1. You yard and flowers look awesome. You guys have done a lot of work and it shows! When you moved in it was a house that needed a lot of TLC and now it is a "home" ... and a very happy home at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked. We actually have a yard project too...but since your yard is soooo much bigger than ours it isn't as impressive ;)

    ReplyDelete