Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Camping!

We are going camping this weekend! I love camping! I love being outside and sitting around a fire and swimming and hiking and making food outside. I love how cold it is in the tent at night and how you have to get out of it early because it gets too hot. I love making s'mores, I always try to make the perfect golden marshmallow, my Dad taught me how. I like building fires and setting up tents. I like riding my bike around the campground. I love washing dishes in such a nontraditional way (actually it's probably MORE traditional considering it's a little more old-fashioned than the sink way of washing). I love getting out all our great camping gear. If I drank coffee I am sure I would love campfire coffee. I love how everything smells like campfire when you get home. I love using our awesome roasting sticks with our names on them. I love how it smells, how it feels, and all the memories that it brings back and all the memories that it makes. I sure hope Dietrich loves it too :)

3 comments:

  1. Reading this post made me smile! How can Dietrich not like camping when his mommy (and daddy) love it so much! He will have awesome memories of camping too!!! And, I'm glad you love the roasting sticks with your names on them ... best find ever at the craft show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...I haven't gone camping in almost 2 decades and I find myself itching to go to Cragslist or Amazon to start getting camping gear!! But I have to disagree about the perfect golden marshmallow. Campfire marshmallows are supposed to have a nice layer of carbon on them before they are ready ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I want to go camping. I wish we could this summer. I'll be doing it vicariously through you for now. :)

    I'm certain Dietrich will love it.

    ReplyDelete