Monday, September 10, 2012

What we've been up to

Here are some random pictures and stories from the past several weeks.  
Kiddos reading a story with Daddy:
 After hiking around Sullivan Lake over Labor Day weekend.  I especially like Dietrich in the back in "his seat."  He even hiked quite a bit at the end...and I just noticed he is wearing his pajama shirt, clearly you don't have to get dressed while "camping" (I say camping loosely because we actually stayed in a cabin, but it's like camping, kind of, and we had a fire every night).
 Now Mommy gets to read the stories:
 And Dietrich even reads stories.  Lenorah of course adores him and he wants to play with her so badly, she's just too little still.  (and clearly Santa Rocks all year long).
 Daddy gave Lenorah a bath!  It's kind of a big deal because it's usually my job and he worries about her nooks and crannies, but he did great, she was happy and Dietrich and I made cookies while they did bath time.
 Dietrich likes to stick his spoon in the batter and then eat it "I yike it mama."  I bet you do.  Whenever he hears the mixer he comes running, dragging a chair across the kitchen, "cookie!"  I was thinking the other day how excited he will be when I do my Christmas baking, there will be so many cookies.  And then I thought he'll be as excited as a kid on Christmas, and then I realized it would be Christmas and maybe I need to get more sleep so that my thoughts make more sense.
 Lenorah and her friend Emery, clearly the most interesting thing about each other is toes.


 I love these pictures of them together because I think (and hope) that they will know each other forever and always be friends.  I have a baby picture like this with my friend Courtney, our mom's were friends and we always were too.  Her birthday was a few days ago and she would have been 31 this year.  She died 11 years ago bringing her own baby into the world, and I always think of her and miss her in September.

Here our some sweet babies at the park, I love the Fall but our park days are numbered, so we need to get in as many as possible before the really cold weather hits us.



1 comment:

  1. My neice and nephew are so cute! Must be a guy thing giving little girls baths...still can't get David to do baths!!

    ReplyDelete