Monday, June 3, 2013

Badass

Everyone says how each kid is so different and even as siblings we will comment on "how could we all be so different when we were raised the same way?"  Lenorah is so different from Dietrich, he was such an "easy" baby.  I could take him anywhere and he would just hang out with me happily.  Not Lenorah, she is off and running.  At my mom's over the weekend she took off down the driveway, and if you haven't been to my mom's house to take off "down" the driveway you are already pretty far from the house, and she just kept going, even when I yelled at her to come back.  She is an explorer, the nickname our friends gave her as a baby "Lenorah the Explora" has turned out to be perfect.

She is taking on life with no fear and she is tough.  She hits her head about a million times a day and most of the time she cries because she's mad not because she is hurt.  She will keep me on my toes but I am really in love with her tough go-get-'em attitude.  Last week I left both kid's at Grammy's house to play with their cousin Nathan while I did some grocery shopping.  And then I sneaked away to have lunch with Bryce!  Of course, just like in high school, I got caught sneaking around because Lenorah was spinning around with the boys and fell and split her eyebrow open on a piece of furniture.  It wouldn't stop bleeding so Grammy called to see if I would be back soon.

45 minutes later it was still bleeding and although Lenorah wasn't bothered by it we had to keep stopping her and cleaning blood off her, finally I decided we better have it looked at.  Once we finally found a Dr. who would see her we found out that although it could possibly use a stitch it was more trouble than it's worth on a baby.  I'm sure it would have been impossible since the two of us could barely hold her down to clean it off!

It's healing nicely and it hasn't slowed her down or kept her from spinning or running full speed into things...
When my cousin was 3 or 4 someone said "Come on, all the chick's in here."  She asked her mom "What's a chick?"  Her mom told her it's a word that people sometimes use for girls, and it's not always very nice.  Una replied "When I grow up I don't want to be a chick, I want to be a badass."  I think Lenorah will be joining her in the badass department.


1 comment: