Monday, June 24, 2013

Wine and Girls

My friend Megan started her first batch of wine in 2011 and last weekend was the opening of her winery Errant Cellars.  She lives about 2 hours away from us so we planned to go to her opening but just two weeks before the event our friend Angela called me from Chicago to tell me that she would be coming too, as a surprise!!!  So of course I called Shawna and she said she would be there too, also as a surprise.  Both girls arrived at my house on Thursday. 






On Saturday afternoon we headed to Quincy for the wine opening and the big surprise!  I went in and told Megan "I'm so sorry, we have some friends with us, I hope that's ok."  Megan said "sure that's fine."  So I told the girls to come in, Megan just kept saying "You're here!"
 Bryce built this beautiful wine bottle holder for Megan's first bottle of wine.  As always, he did a beautiful job, and I think Megan really liked it too!


 My mom came too and of course made all of us girls cry telling us how impressed she is with everything that we are all doing, it was so sweet.  Here is my mom visiting with Megan's mom.

 And then we got to buy our very own bottles!

 Afterward we were lucky enough to steal Megan away for a beautiful dinner on a golf course on the Columbia river.






                                      
On Sunday morning we made a special Father's Day breakfast to celebrate all the great Dad's in our lives,  none of which were there to enjoy the breakfast due to having to take care of other things...  
The big neighborhood yard sale was on Saturday morning so I drug the girls along with me.  We all found great things but I think my favorite find was this power wheels for $20!  This exact one is $250 new and it works great, clearly the kids love it!
 Sunday afternoon Shawna hung around after Angela caught her plane back to Chicago and the kids all had a great time in the pool.


 and driving....



It was so great to have the opportunity to spend the weekend with all these great girls.  It's hard for the four of us to get together what with kids', jobs and a recent move across the country.  But we did it!  And it was a great time, as always.


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures ... glad you were able to surprise Megan!

    ReplyDelete