Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Bar Kitchen

So I am realizing I can't wait to show you the whole house with before and after pictures because it's going to take a while to get to ALL the after pictures...

So today I wanted to share with you this super fun little feature in our a house, a little kitchen in the basement!  They didn't show this in the listing pictures, probably because it was so dirty and just kind of stacked with stuff, obviously not in use.  This week the big kids are at VBS and this morning I had my friend's 12 year old daughter while they were there.  She was AMAZING help wiping down all the cabinets and counter tops and the stove so that we could unpack and start using this space.  It is going to be ABSOLUTELY perfect for beer brewing and canning.  It's nice and cool down there on these hot (?) summer days and really bright with three non-egress windows (that need replaced, whomp whomp).
 And if you know me at all you know how much I love these colored appliances from the 50's and 60's.  It's so perfect in the basement (in all honesty I couldn't keep it in the main kitchen, I need something a little more efficient, like a double oven...) here it's just an extra stove  for big holidays and beer brewing and canning!  It works great!  And the sink matches!

 Check out the sweet teal colored leaves in the counter top...
For a little perspective this door and cutout go into the basement TV room, hopefully we can take more of this wall out and make it one big space sometime in the future.
And can we just take a moment here to talk about spiders? Spiders do not even bother me that much, I don't freak out, I can kill them.  But this house, it was INFESTED. Bryce spent LITERALLY hours vacuuming up spider NESTS.  Not just webs, crazy NESTS.  I have never before seen so many spiders in a house and I am so over them.  OVER THEM.  Lenorah seriously freaks out about bugs and she's seen so many spiders now she was holding a box with one in it and very calmly said "mom there is a spider in here and I don't like spiders" it was so huge I'm pretty sure it gave her a thumbs up and I squished him. Every time I see one I think the next one I see I am going to FREAK out.  And then I pick up wood out of the "fire pit" and find a black widow and I'm still not freaking out so there's that...So this room had to have the ceilings and walls swept to remove all the webs and I said "This is amazing" and my 12 year old helper said "This is disgusting" she is so right.  What a trooper she was helping me to clean up spider webs all morning! (We have sprayed for spiders because I can't even...so don't fear, we are on our way to being mostly spider free).

So there is of course plenty to do in this room because well, it's us and we LOVE (???) projects (But DO we?) More projects to come...sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment