Friday, August 5, 2016

The Kitchen


At the old house the kitchen was my favorite, it was so big and had the awesome bar that Bryce built and I do like to cook and bake so I definitely wanted another great kitchen  I wasn't sure about this one at first but turns out it is GREAT.  Tons of counter space and tons of floor space, which is especially awesome with three kids always underfoot.  The cabinets are new and the appliances are only a year old,  MUCH nicer than what I had before.  However, the red wall wasn't speaking to me so it was time for a (THREE) coats of paint!

Before:


 AFTER:
Check out that double oven, it was my housewarming present to myself.  Although there was a nice year old stainless oven it wasn't double, and I do love a double oven.  So I picked this one up about a week before move in, I only lived here two days without it.  And then we got to gift the other one to my sister and brother-in-law who totally deserved something after the serious hard work they put in helping us move and clean on both ends.

I haven't yet painted the dining area, but figured you needed to see how it flows from the kitchen to dining and around the corner to the living room.
 The white counter tops would not have been my first choice but they are new so I will live with them until I can afford a stone counter I want.  We replaced the faucet right away, the other one was old and awkward and apparently I am now spoiled and can't live with stuff like that.  Just past the cabinets to the left is the door to the backyard, the door on the back wall goes in to a half bath that continues in to the kids room, makes for some awesome circle running for them!

 The kitchen feels much brighter and WAY cleaner with some fresh paint.  It might also be cleaner because, you know, I cleaned it...details. It feels like it is taking forever to get this house in shape, but then we have only been here a month!  I have to keep reminding myself of that... I just made our first house payment, gulp, when you buy a house twice as expensive as the last house the house payment is, well, twice as expensive.  So in a month we've gotten four rooms done, that's pretty good!  Now off to unpack the two boxes in the hall way that have been there so long they now look like they belong there and maybe I'll hang up a couple pictures, so far that rooster in the kitchen is the only thing on any of the walls (the real rooster out in the yard crowed for an hour this morning from 5-6, he may have to go...).  


No comments:

Post a Comment