Thursday, September 8, 2016

Dining Room

Bryce and I spent last week working really hard to get the whole inside of the house painted.  I had huge swatches of so many different colors all over the walls and it looked and felt terrible.  I was SO ready to finally hang some pictures on the wall but of course wanted to paint first.  I had originally planned to paint the whole house the color I had picked for the kitchen, but then that color looked pink.  Part of the day it was great the rest of the time, pink.  So I went an entirely different direction with YELLOW and I love it!  So here are some before pictures of the dining room. Notice the huge chandelier, we hit our heads on it all the time and isn't quite the style we would like.
 I loved my corner cabinet in the old house, but in this house it's blocking the window...
 And after!  We found an antique buffet to replace the storage of the corner cabinet, the window is opened up and it feels much better!  We put in a new much smaller light with some cool Edison style bulbs and hung up the kids artwork in the frames behind the table.


 A couple of years ago I bought these chairs to replace the ones that came with our table because they have been slowly breaking.  They were in rough shape to say the least, earlier this spring I finally recovered them!

This was my first major upholstery project, it was hard work pulling things tight, my fingers were exhausted!  But I love the fabric and although the light color wasn't the best idea for the kids...hopefully it will last!  After spilling apple juice on the chair in the first 24 hours after they were done Lenorah told me "mom, I wish you had waited to fix the chairs until we were older and knew better." That kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment