Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Car

So I am hoping that I will post a happier post later today with news of our house...but as for this morning I am not so happy.

Every morning Bryce and I get up and take our dogs on a two mile walk, it takes us about a half an hour. This morning we left for a very nice walk in the cold sunshine. As we walked back up to our house I saw that the window was missing from my car. Someone had broke the window and stolen my stereo and CD's of course. The windows were so frosted there is NO WAY someone could have walked by and seen it. Somebody already knew that I had a nice stereo. They also knew that when we left they would have about a half hour, although I'm sure it only took them a few minutes to unplug the fancy stereo Bryce bought me for my birthday and steal it.

I feel so violated, this person knew about the stero, they knew that we walked the dogs every morning, and they knew they would have some time. None of our neighbors saw anything so no leads of course. Bryce took my car to work and will be calling the insurance to get the window replaced. Oh and of course they couldn't just break the window but they also had to ruin the frame by trying to pry the frame open before breaking the window.

It is so hard for me to understand why a person would do this. I hope that they are starving and really need the money for some food. However, I'm sure that it is just a punk kid who wants some money. I hope this house goes through so that we can move out of this "bad" neighborhood (I didn't really think it was that bad until today). I know that most people have had something stolen from them and I'm certainly not the first, but this has never happend to me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Keely! That blows. I'm sorry you're going through this. Yuck.

    Praying for peace for you.

    ReplyDelete