Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Going to Camp

We have not spent a single weekend in November at home, and we aren't goint to, it's a busy month! This last weekend we went to camp, and I have never been to camp! Now don't feel sorry for me or anything, I had a horse and I was at horse shows contstantly as a kid, and the only camp I was interested in was horse camp, which is very expensive, and you can't bring your own horse so...I've never been to camp!

But this weekend, Bryce and I took 5 of the kiddos from our church to Camp Lutherhaven for a fun Pirate themed weekend in the woods. Camp is beautiful, the food is good, and the songs are still stuck in my head. We were so lucky to have really great kids with us and it was really fun to get to know them better and spend a relaxing weekend in the woods.

When we got home on Sunday afternoon Bryce headed straight to the hardware store, of course. Now, take a look at the picture of our house to the right, see all those beautiful roof lines, now can't you just imagine Christmas lights hanging on all those different levels!? Well I can! And that was one of the first things I told Bryce when we moved in. So on Sunday afternoon he went to the hardware store and bought all those cool little Christmas light hooks and after telling me to take a nap (he knows what makes me happy!!!) he went outside and started installing the hooks.

Last year was our first Christmas together, and Bryce told me he hated putting up Christmas lights, but one day while I was gone he put them up all over our little du-plex, I love Christmas lights so much! They add all this beautiful light to the long evenings and dark mornings. So he happily spent hours installing all those little hooks on our new house while standing on the roof or the tall ladder. And last night he spend a good hour researching LED lights vs. regular lights, how many you can plug in, how much energy they each take, and how many feet for what price. He is very thorough. And tonight while I work late he is going to go to the store and buy Christmas lights! YAY!!!

The lights won't be installed for a few more weeks, but when they are, I will have pictures for you!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this story! Especially about my brother going out of his way to make his wife happy! Can't wait to see what they look like!

    ReplyDelete