Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Winter Plans

I got to visit my Dad's side of the family this weekend. I saw several of my cousins, my Aunt and Uncle and of course Grandma! It was a fun weekend (although I did have to work through part of it), but it was great to visit with everyone. We talked a lot about our house, apparently it is one of my main topics of conversation. Everyone tells me how impressed they are with how much we have accomplished in 8.5 months, and usually I am too!

My cousin Josh asked me "so what projects are you working on now?" Well, right this second, we are not in the middle of any house projects (hence the lack of posts). But I did share with him our "winter" list of projects:

1. Finish guest room in basement: Painting, Carpet, new light fixtures, hang up some pictures!
2. Organize Blue Room: (aka dog room) so that we can move the second guest bed into this room.
3. Do the Baby Room!: Put up wanescoating, paint walls (again), closet organizer (please husband!!!), paint bookshelf, re-finish crib, figure out how to put crib together, fix drawers in crib.

And if we have time we will change the hallway closet into a pantry. Bryce plans to knock a hole in the wall in the kitchen into the hall closet and then sheet rock and retexture the hallway part, since we don't really need two hall closets and would rather have a pantry.

I know this sounds like a LOT of projects for one house, okay it really didn't sound like all that many until I listed them out just now, whoa I have high expectations (especially if you note that half of these projects I can't do...hmmmm). But there is still so much that we want to do! Sometimes it is hard to remember and appreciate all the hard work we have already done and I just want to jump into the next thing...

new carpet, new flooring in kitchen, hallway, stairs, re-paint kitchen cabinets, new railings on stairs, new fence, fix or new sprinkler system, repaint outside of house, get a new door in the bathroom! Oh my list could go on and on...

1 comment:

  1. Phew, that IS a long list. On the plus side, it'll give you lots of material to blog about for years to come :)

    ReplyDelete