Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pants Optional!

Tomorrow is garbage day. We usually remember tomorrow morning to put the garbage out, which always works out fine because the garbage truck comes after we leave for work, and we are always up early to walk the dogs.

November is the last month that the city picks up the "Green Bin" you know, that special yard waste bin. So at 9:30 this evening we remember the pile of leaves in the back yard that need to go in the bin. Bryce and I head outside and he rakes and puts the leaves in the bin while I hold a flashlight. As I'm standing there freezing aiming the flashlight mostly at Bryce (Thisbe loves the flashlight and I was very entertained flashing it all of the yard for her to chase), I start to think about what our neighbors would think. Our mostly retired neighbors who either do their yard work during their retired days off or hire a service to do it for them. Here we are the young, dumb neighbors raking in the dark with a flashlight!

And then Bryce yells, "I'm not even wearing pants!"

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to start my morning ... reading about the two of you! Thanks for providing a GREAT laugh on a rainy Thursday morning. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete