Tuesday, February 2, 2010

At first sight

The first time I posted about our house was on February 13th 2009. I believe we saw the house for the first time at the end of January, so it has officially been a year since we first laid eyes on "Our House." So much has happened in this past year, not just to the house of course, but also in our busy lives! We get compliments all the time on all we have accomplished in less than a year, sometimes I am in shock about everything we have done when I look at a room and remember everything we have changed. It's unbelievable some days! Just recently I was showing a friend my blog and talking about all the things we have recently done, when I realized that everything we have recently done we did in January! I was shocked to realize we accomplished so much in such a short time!

We have officially painted all but ONE room in our house. That means I have touched nearly every square inch of wall space in this house, with the exception of those spaces that wonderful friends and family touched for me :) The room that we have left is probably the room that needs the most work and since Bryce and I have recently burned out in the home improvement department it will have to wait. This particular room has a door, and we would rather it had a window, it has tile in front of this door and we would like to have it all carpeted, and the ceiling and walls have some issues that may require tearing out and re-sheet-rocking. This room is actually quite a ways down on the priority list, so we probably won't get to it for a while, however, we will be moving our upstairs guest room to this room shortly. And then the upstairs room can finally get ready for baby!

The cupboards still have quite a few days left on them, Bryce plans to start the cupboard doors tonight/tomorrow. They will take a few days to get three coats on, and they need done on both sides, so that adds some time as well. I am ready to have my cupboard doors back on and to not have to look at everything inside the cupboards anymore.

After that I think our major home improvement projects will take a break, because we need a break physically and financially! So the next few months will probably involve cleaning and organizing, and getting ready for spring which will bring baby and grass seed, and a new fence and possibly a new paint-job on the outside of the house...

No comments:

Post a Comment