Thursday, February 18, 2010

Other than the house

House, house, house, that is all we talk about anymore! But there are lots of other crazy things going on in our lives besides our crazy house!

We went to my mom's last weekend and the dogs got so sick while there that they are definitely not welcome back. Rico threw up 5 times (count them 5! I did at 4 in the morning, only I missed one that my mom found later). And where did he throw up? On my mom's BRAND NEW carpet and BRAND NEW comforter. We cleaned and cleaned cleaned and mom says that she can't really tell anymore. Seriously, the woman is not going to let our dogs back in her house, thankfully we will have a grandbaby for her soon, or she may have decided to not let us back in.

So then right as we are getting ready to leave Thisbe has diarrhea, the kind that shoots out of her before she has any idea she needs to go. Fortunately, it was on the cement floor in the breezeway so mom did not actually have to kill us, or Thisbe. Unfortunately, Thisbe was out sick for the next two days, although she seems to have recovered now.

I recently started to PANIC! about the fact that I have not decorated our baby's room. This is because we did not want to find out the sex of our baby because we thought a surprise would be so fun! But I also do not want a yellow or green room and did you know that most baby things that are supposedly gender neutral are pretty much boy? So I don't really want to decorate the room but I kind of feel like a bad person for not having this room done before the baby arrives. Of course the crib will be set up and everything for baby will be in the room and that will probably make me feel much better, but this week I've been feeling like a bad person about it.

I am taking two classes for my masters this quarter and I cannot believe how overwhelming it is. Even being home all day I feel like I barely have time to get all the reading, posting, and papers done. I only have two more weeks of this, but of course the last two weeks have all the big papers and assignments so it will be a busy two weeks. Then I will be taking time off to HAVE A BABY! After that I will have two more classes that will be done by August.

Since we are done with the kitchen cabinets, Bryce and I have really been enjoying each other this week. We get to sit down and have dinner and then putt around the house working on organizing rooms for the big rearranging that will take place here shortly so that we can start setting up baby's room. We've taken the dogs for extra walks in the evening, watched a couple of movies, and played some Nintendo. It's been so nice :)

Bryce is incredibly busy at work, he can barely get everything done in 8 hours, and most days he is in a little early or staying a little late. We hope that all the hard work will pay off in the means of a promotion into an engineering position.

So there are a few of the other fun things going on around here. It's always a bit busy and crazy but it's just the way it is for us I guess!

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you for not fixing up the baby's room yet. You're right about the yellow/green thing. Before our daughter was born, I went with soft green in our baby's room. Then I wasn't thrilled with that color for a girl.

    ReplyDelete