Thursday, September 23, 2010

The pretty girl

Most women have felt this way at some point, and maybe guys do to. You know that feeling when you're feeling pretty good about yourself, you look alright, have on your favorite outfit and your make-up is done (haha not if you have a new baby!!!) and you're not covering up your crazy curly hair with a pony-tail and a baseball hat? And then you see that girl, you know the one. The one whose everyday outfit makes your favorite outfit look like a gunny sack, her make-up looks like someone at the Macy's cosmetic counter applied it for her and she clearly just had her hair done? Then you feel like BLAH BLAH BLAH, I might as well just never leave my house. Anyway, I now sometimes feel that way about my house. I feel so good about it, we are doing great, things are painted and clean and I'm loving my house! And I do love my house, I love everything about it, I even love the things I hate. Remember the hole in the bathroom closet door? I loved that hole, it cracked me up. But we got rid of that door and will be replacing it soon with a new pretty door, which I will also love of course.

Today my new friend "the walking mom" invited me into her house because I am borrowing a super cute giraffe costume for Dietrich for Halloween. Her house is so nice, with these really beautiful dark stained doors. And new carpet that is not stained or has burn holes. And she has curtains. I know CURTAINS! Last night I was mowing the lawn while Dietrich hung out with Grandma Laurel and since it was getting dark I looked up and could see Dietrich and Grandma Laurel playing on the floor. As well as every piece of furniture and the pictures on the wall. Seeing her beautiful house just made me think of how far we still have to go. I still love my house and everything about it and just like with the pretty girl I can hate the things about her house that make it not as great as my house, like that fact that I have huge windows that everyone walking by can see clearly in too.

1 comment:

  1. Sigh. I get this...the girl and the house.

    On the plus side, I can't wait to see pictures of Dietrich in that giraffe costume.

    ReplyDelete