Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Kids at work

Now that Dietrich is 3 and I have two kids whose main goal seems to be destroying my house, I have decided some chores are in order.  I am very proud of myself that I have not put away any silverware from the dishwasher the last 4 times it's been unloaded!  One time Lenorah did it all by herself because Dietrich was in the bathroom.  She got all the silverware in the drawer, and then I put it in the correct places.  Dietrich is also responsible for letting the dogs out of the kennel whenever we get home and both kids put their clothes in the laundry when they change.  It's not much for them but it's kind of a big deal for parents, because, at least for me, I forget.  It's easier to just do it myself and while they can't unload the whole dishwasher they can do the silverware.  So I have to stop myself and let them do that part.  It's not always easy.  But so far it hasn't been met with too much resistance (knock on wood) and the kids are very proud of themselves whenever they do one of these little jobs.

Due to the huge project we are doing around the house we had to move our old car.  It weighs like 4000 pounds or something crazy like that.  Dietrich is obsessed with this car because, well, he's obsessed with all cars, and this is the one he's never been in.  Even though this is the inside, he was still dying to get in it.
 So Bryce and I used our amazing muscles (and the fact that the ancient tires on this thing still air up!!!) and pushed the car the 5 or so feet we needed to move it.  Then the kids helped.



 And since we are all about the kids working hard around here we got Dietrich some tools...

Hint hint, in case you didn't already know (because all of you are my friends on facebook and probably saw me post on there) we are replacing siding.  It's the biggest most awful amount of work that we have done on this place.  And we probably aren't even half way there yet...But new siding is for another post, today we are all about kids working hard!  Now if only I could get them to fold and put away clothes, that will be an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment