Friday, September 6, 2013

A morning in the life....

I know so many people with one child around the age of Lenorah 18 months-ish.  If it's their first they are all talking about the second baby, and I was too when Dietrich was 18 months old, because I was three months pregnant with Lenorah.  Everyone told me that two years apart is the perfect distance between kids and when Lenorah was first born I remember telling people, having two isn't as hard as I thought it would be!

And then she started moving...

And it got harder.

Then she decided to potty train herself at 16 months old and while everyone told me how amazing and wonderful this is, they were not running a baby to a toilet every ten minutes because suddenly her favorite word is "potty" and if she says it you have to take her there!

Sometimes I wonder in the afternoon why I am dragging so much, why am I so tired?  I feel like I get enough sleep (most of the time), and by the time nap time for Lenorah rolls around I want a nap myself.  But maybe it's because every moment of my day goes something like this.

I sit down to eat breakfast.  "Mom I need more waffle."  I get up and get more waffle and some juice so I won't have to get up again. Sit down, one bite, "juice" I didn't get juice for Lenorah.  Up again.  "Potty!"  Jump up and RUN Lenorah to the bathroom.  Where she plays around, up and down, tells me to sit on the toilet, laughs, stands up and runs away.  I sit down, another couple of bites. "Potty!" Jump up and run to the bathroom again.  Lenorah slams lid down on toilet, apparently she doesn't want to go.  Back to breakfast, another few bites.  "Potty!" I run to the bathroom...again...Lenorah refuses to potty...again.  Back to kitchen.

Dietrich and Lenorah are now playing in the bathroom when I hear "poop!" and then Dietrich yells "Her pooped!"  And while I clean poop up off the floor Dietrich is yelling "one, two, three, fifteen poops! Say good job counting mom!" "good job counting Dietrich."  I clean up the floor and Lenorah.  The dog also joins us in the bathroom because if there is any sort of commotion she has to be there investigating and licking your face.  So I wash my hands and go back to the kitchen and finally finish my last bite of breakfast.

Thankfully not every day includes poop on the floor...only the really special days.  So when you think about having that second baby close to the first, just think about all the great quality time you get to spend with your bathroom.  While sitting on the bathroom floor waiting for both children to use their respective potties, Bryce peaked in on me and I looked up at him and said "I live here."  So if you are looking for me, I'm probably in a bathroom, somewhere, with two kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment