Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Baby Room

We have been in our house just over a year and this is the first room to be re-done again. This is the small upstairs bedroom, and if you have been to our house we usually referred to it as the purple room. You can see what it used to look like here. I did love the purple room, but since we do not know what we are having and even if the baby is a girl, the purple wasn't really a baby room purple, I decided re-painted the room a pale green, called "Aloe Vera." I think it will look great with pink or with blue and browns depending on if this little one is a boy or girl!
The crib that you will see in this next picture was the crib I slept in 27 years ago! And then my brother slept in it 21 years ago, Bryce has been working hard to refinish it and stain it. It has traveled from Alaska to Seattle area and then to Ione, and now to Spokane! Bryce recently discovered that he will have to rebuild the drawers that go on the bottom of the crib because they have not held up too well over the years. Check out what the crib looked like before here. The crib mattress and sheets are in the mail, so they should be arriving soon (thank you Grammy Laurel!)
The changing table is a hand-me-down from our friend Tana who received it from our friend Jen, so lots of nearly-related babies have used this table.
And here is the bassinet that was my brother's, it is all ready for baby's arrival with sheets from my Aunt Sarah and a sweet teddy bear from my friend Megan's mom.
After baby arrives we will pick out colors for bedding and get some pictures on the wall. I want to be able to decorate in a gender specific way so not much decorating is taking place just yet. We will also be getting an area rug because the carpet in this room is pretty stained and has a big bleach spot in the middle of the room. Only a few short weeks (at the most!) and we will meet the little one and start using all this great stuff!

4 comments:

  1. So fun! One of my favorite things while pregnant was setting up the nursery. Gets ya that much more excited for the baby's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Bryce & Keely! It looks like the only thing you need now is a sweet little bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks so wonderful!! I can't wait to help watch little Esch here :)

    ReplyDelete