Saturday, October 9, 2010

Shower progress

Remodeling is so hard sometimes. There are way too many decisions to make, what color tile, what style, which way to we put it in, do we make the cuts at the top or the bottom of the shower? The ceiling and the floor are not level, so um...how does that work? And then where do you want the border and the shelves and what kind of layout are we doing with these tiles?

Sometimes I really struggle trying to make all of these decisions. Especially because whatever decision I make is usually the most difficult way to do the project. And then my amazing husband figures it out and does it the way I request, even though I'm sure he's thinking the whole time how if he just wouldn't ask me how I want it he could do it the easier way. Here's a cute picture of Dietrich in the bathroom. He had to help Daddy while I went to the grocery store.
Dietrich learning how to mud and tape the sheet rock. This will come in very handy in his life because clearly as soon as the kid can move he will be helping us remodel. This totally reminds me of how my friend Shawna came to town last night and her sister Sarah came too. Sarah was here once before, last January when we were working on the kitchen cabinets and had just finished the lower bedroom and laundry room. As Bryce worked away until 10:00 last night we all sat in the living room visiting. Poor guy has to go clear down to the garage to cut the tile because those water tile cutters are very messy. We all felt pretty bad watching him run up and down the stairs, and Sarah says to me "when will you be done with house projects?" "I'm pretty sure never."
And after finally making a zillion decisions on what color tile, which direction to lay it, what pattern to use, what to use for a border, and picking out shelves, Bryce could finally start tiling the shower yesterday.
Close up of the glass tile border.
Two walls done!
So far I can say that I totally LOVE IT! I was so worried about picking out something that I would walk in and just be kinda "meh" about. But I love this tile, and I love the glass tile boarder. I love that my husband took a day "off" of work to spend 12 hours working on the bathroom. And most of all I love that during this long project we have a SECOND BATHROOM!!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I love it!! Yay for being so much closer to having the bathroom done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! It is going to be beautiful when it is all finished ... can't wait to see the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I am sure you will be just tickled pink to have it all finished! Bryce too no doubt.

    ReplyDelete