Monday, October 25, 2010

We can shower again!

On Wednesday night Dietrich was able to have his first bath in the new bathroom. The tub is in, the tile is sealed, everything is caulked and we can finally use our shower! Dietrich loved it, he can finally play in the tub instead of taking a sink bath.


Bryce and I both agreed that our first shower in here was the best shower we ever had. The new shower head feels like it's raining and the bathroom is so bright and wonderful. I was going to go take some real "after" pictures for you, but when I walked into the bathroom I changed my mind. We don't have towel racks yet so towels are hanging on the shower curtain rod. My niece is here so there is a potty chair and stool in the bathroom. And Dietrich's blow up tub that you see here is leaning up against the wall. Oh to heck with it, here it is!

I love this new shower head. We raised it up quite a bit when we had the wall open so that we giants can stand under it. It feels so good! Check out those corner shelves, I love not having one of those hanging shower things that falls off all the time.
Here's the new handle and spout. Bryce had to do a little plumbing work to make this new handle work, it was of course more difficult than using a more plain model, but this one was so pretty!
This is our new light/fan. We didn't have a light or a fan in this bathroom before. Now the extra light is great in the shower and we no longer have a steamy mirror when we are done showering.
And this was our 2 year anniversary present from Bryce's family. We did not plan on replacing the toilet, because it still works and we really couldn't afford it right now. But it was gray, and was going to stand out in our new pretty bathroom. So Bryce's family bought us a gift card and we were able to buy this dual flush toilet. One flush for small things, another flush for big things. We like to be green and save water too :)
Now I need to pick out some new paint colors and new towel racks for the bathroom. I loved my teal walls, but they really don't go in this new pretty bathroom. I told Bryce he can have a break from house projects for a while, but after Christmas I am hoping to put in a new counter top and back splash, then we will be free of all the gray in the bathroom!

1 comment:

  1. Jaylee's looking at these pictures with me and when she sees the toilet, she says, "Mama, where do they flush it at?" She was quite puzzled since it didn't have a handle.

    Love the bathroom. I need a corner shelf, I hate the hangy thing on the shower head.

    ReplyDelete