Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tile all weekend

I know that sometimes on here I go on and on about how awesome my husband is because he is so talented with the remodeling. But I just can't help myself! I know it embarrasses him a little, but really, he does so much! When I was dating I made a rule that I would not marry someone unless they could drive my car (and I drive a stick, clearly I dated SEVERAL boys who could not drive it, which um...was a problem for me, and them), and what a good rule this turned out to be! Because not only can he drive my car, he can fix it, and he can fix just about anything in our house, and even when he's not exactly sure what to do, he figures it out (thank goodness for youtube!). So I decided before starting this post raving about the tiling that Bryce accomplished this weekend that if he had a blog I am sure he would write about how awesome I am. How I make seafood alfredo for dinner, and these awesome pizzas for lunch:

so that he can take a break from working to eat something (for once). He would also write about how I take care of this little guy all day:
Who by the way decided to get a tooth over the weekend. Bryce took last Friday off to start tiling. Our wonderful neighbor came over to give us a few pointers, and so that we could make sure we knew what we were doing (okay so that I knew that Bryce knew what he was doing). He tiled for 10 hours on Friday and 13 on Saturday. I cannot believe just how hard he can work. No way could I go all day the way he does. On Monday night he came home from work and did the grout in the shower until after 10:00. I am in love with the glass tile in the shower and I am really glad that we decided to do this pattern with the tile.
We also got a great deal on these shelves that we put in the corner. We paid for three and got one for free! So we were able to put two in the front and two in the back, no more crazy hanging thing that falls on your head during every shower.
On Saturday, Bryce was getting ready to start the floor and asked me if I wanted him to do accents with the glass tile like my mom has in her bathroom. I told him I had not planned on it so he could decide. I took a nap and when I got up, he had started the floor and had decided to do the glass tile accents. It made way more work and took much longer, but I think the floor is BEAUTIFUL!
Bryce is busy with Church stuff tonight so he is taking a break from the bathroom. Tomorrow he plans to grout the floor. Next week we should have it sealed and ready for an actual shower! We also put in a new light/fan and will be getting new towel racks and a new paint job, so as soon as I make some more decisions on those things I will have more pictures to show you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! I can't wait to see it in person next month. And that picture of Dietrich is absolutely adorable!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. And I totally agree, if Bryce were to write a blog about you it would include all those fabulous things you do for him!!! The bathroom is amazing and Aunty Sarah is right ... the picture of Dietrich is absolutely adorable!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete