Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Back to Work

I hate how my real job interferes with the work on our house! But, we can't do much work on the house without the money from the real jobs so...

We had a great weekend, we got the living room and kitchen painted. I would love to show you pictures but the rest of the house is in such shambles that you would be totally distracted by the dog kennels in the living room and microwave in the hall way....between last night and this morning things are starting to look much better. I am hoping to get things organized enough that I can hang up some pictures this week!

Last night Bryce continued to replace outlets and light switches. We have several 3 and 4 way light switches, it took him a little bit but he figured out how to wire them all by himself, not even any help from the internet! However, the constant flipping of the breakers, because none of them are labeled nor do they make sense, we currently do not have power in the bathroom or bedroom. But we hooked up a lamp to an extention cord and Bryce will put in a new breaker tonight.

I spent half the evening looking for my stir-fry pan, which I never found, and then made dinner. After that I got down and scrubbed the kitchen floor. Two hours and a serious case of carpel tunnel later, the floor looks fabulous. However, I am not VERY grossed out about how dirty it was! Things are getting organized enough that I think tonight the kitchen will be in order and we can bring in our new kitchen table, sold to us for a bottle of whiskey from Bryce's uncle. My cool cousin Sarah just wrote an awesome blog about the kitchen table she has had since her and her husband got married over 10 years ago and all the memories they have made at the table, I hope we have lots of awesome memories with our table too!

This morning was an exciting one. Bryce had to leave early to go to Moses Lake to check out a job, so I had to walk the dogs by myself. It was 7 degrees this morning (seriously it's supposed to be spring!) and my little dog Rico has trouble below 10 degrees. The snow and ice builds up in his feet and he ends up limping around. So I carried the 15 pound little bugger for half the walk while Thisbe the big lab, pulled me down the icy road. Then on the way back, seeings how we are walking around in a confusing suburb, I missed the street I meant to turn on and ended up going way past my house before I could find a road to take me back. So the dogs had a nice long walk and I got a TON of excercise! I get back and Bryce has left the garage door open, now why would he do that? So I go in and as I walk through I hit the garage door opener and it starts to close and I go in and shower.

So for some reason I decide to dink around and make breakfast and lalala even though I'm already running late from the long walk. So now I am rushing around trying to get out of the house. As I walk out to the garage I see that the door is open again "what the heck?" I am thinking. And Mom's truck is parked behind my car. So I go back in the house, find the keys to the truck, move it into a snow bank, walk through the snow bank in my heels, yes I realized I should have put my boots on but I didn't have time! And seriously why does it snow 5 inches in MARCH!? I jump in my car, nearly killing myself on the ice on the garage floor, back out, close the door, and it doesn't close! It pops back up. So I jump out and move the garbage can and some other things to see if they are setting off the sensor, I shut it again, it goes to 3 inches from the bottom and pops back up, it does this about 10 times.
So I call Bryce, "the garage door won't close." He tells me a few things to try and then says grab the red cord hanging from the track, so I grab it and pull, the door shuts! But now I am locked in the garage, my keys in the car that is running and the door to the house locked...
Fortunately, I was able to get the door back on the track, get my keys, shut the door, go through the house, and finally leave the house. I was only 15 minutes late and only cried for about 5 minutes while locked in the garage...

Mom comes home from Vegas tonight, I can't wait to show her the new colors in the living room, hopefully things will be organized enough that I can post some pictures of the finished paint job later tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I would have had a panic attack if I had been locked in my garage! (good thing I don't have one!)

    You guys are going to make the most awesome memories at your kitchen table. It has now become my favorite piece of furniture even though I really don't like the table. Make any sense?

    One thing my mom instilled in my sisters and me was eating our meals at the table instead of in front of the tv. Josh and I have made that a priority as well and I think it's SO important!

    Can't wait to see pictures!

    Good job, Bryce, on figuring out the wiring! You rock, sir!

    ReplyDelete