Friday, March 6, 2009

Bryce made me

So I had a complaint from my "new" follower and husband, Bryce. He wants to see a new post, but I'm at work and I can't add pictures, so this will be a pictureless post!

The last few days have been spent cleaning, organizing and trying to pick paint colors. Which has been not very successful. My very good friend Shawna and her boyfriend Bob are going to be here late tonight with plans of helping us paint this weekend. Unfortunately, I still haven't decided on a color for the living room/kitchen. I have been trying to find something in the tan/brown/taupe variety but everything I put up is either too dark, too yellow, too pink, too something. So tonight I will be trying some more colors. Our living room officially looks like a patchwork quilt on the walls. I will post some pictures of that later.

On a non-house related note, my mom came in and spent the night last night. She was flying off to Vegas this morning. So we got up early and I drove her to the airport so that we could have her truck this weekend for paint supply hauling purposes. And so that Bryce can feel cool driving her truck around :). Anyway...her flight is at 8:30, and in Spokane it is not necessary to get to the airport two hours early, so we get there at 7:10, she has plenty of time. As we get out of the car and start unloading she realizes she can't find her purse! I tell her to hurry and get back in and we speed away from the curb (okay that was a little dramatic). But I did speed all the way back to my house, no cops thank goodness! We ran in the door grabbed her purse off the dresser, yelled at the dogs who are now very angry that we have come home and are leaving again and ran back to the car. Now we are headed in the same direction as everybody else heading to work so it is slow going! But we managed to get back to the airport, mom jumped out of the moving vehicle (duck and roll) and ran to the ticket counter. I followed her with suitcase flying behind me, then in front, then behind me again. We threw the suitcase at the scale and the lady quickly checked her in. Apparently you only have up until 30 minutes before a flight is taking off to get on, we were there right at 8:00, just in time! They opened the plane back up and let her on! So she should be landing in Vegas any minute! It was a very stressful way to start the day but it all turned out well so yay!

This weekend will be a crazy weekend of painting, painting, painting and having some fun with Shawna and Bob!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a VERY interest and exciting morning! I'm glad that your mom made it just in the nick of time. Have fun painting . . . I'll bring food on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the photos of your new home! I've been thinking about you both & am anxious to hear more "home improvement" stories!:-)

    ReplyDelete