Thursday, September 10, 2009

Random From Me

So I really do have a great post about the deck coming up. But I have to take "after" pictures, and for some reason every time I think about it it's dark or I'm at work. And one of my readers (okay my husband) requested that I post something. My two cool cousins Sarah and Denise posted a bunch of random things about themselves this week, and since I can do that from work (and I can't upload pictures of the deck) I'm going to copy them!

I am reading "No Future Without Forgiveness" for one of my Master's classes, it is about South Africa and it makes me so sad to read about how the black people who lived their were treated before Nelson Mandela was elected President, it's like they were not even humans, or dogs for that matter.

My little brother just moved in with us again...I'm not stoked about it but I am hoping for the best. Like please don't leave your socks on my kitchen floor or your pants in the living room (seriously, why did you take your pants off in the living room?!?)

I am 10 weeks pregnant this week! That means I am a quarter of the way! I am so freaking excited! And freaking overwhelemed. I keep thinking, did I really think this whole having a BABY thing over? I mean, I have to PROTECT it and take care of it and I want it to have a perfect little life, but sometimes life really sucks and I won't be able to fix it all the time. How do you do it mother!?! (especially with me because I FREAK out about EVERYTHING!)

My husband likes to sing me little made up songs, like "Keely potty pants" (because I use the bathroom a lot now that I'm pregnant) and songs about me to the tune of "I dream of Jeannie." (Are you glad I wrote a post for you to read now, honey?)

I let the dogs in bed with me, Bryce HATES it. But they make me feel so snuggly and loved. It makes the bedding gross, which I really don't like, but I do really like how I feel when they are near me. (note: this is when Bryce is not in bed with me...mostly)

I am terrible about grocery shopping, I really don't like it and I like to tell my mother that it's because something really bad happend while at a grocery store but I have repressed the memory. I think it's really because living in Ione when you get groceries it takes several hours and hundreds of dollars to stock up. Needless to say, there are usually not enough groceries at our house.

The magic 8 ball on my desk just told me the baby is a boy, we shall see!

Hopefully this motivates me to post about the deck soon! Oh and Shawna's wedding which was last weekend!

4 comments:

  1. This was a GREAT post ... lots of information and random thoughts. You will be a GREAT mom ... and I'm sure you will do like the rest of us mothers do ... we pray A LOT and cry A LOT when we can't fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these random posts. It's fun to learn new stuff about people. For example, I'm excited to learn that you're having a boy (as you probably know, the magic 8 ball never lies). And I agree with the last comment - I think you'll be a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Keely potty pants potty pants. Little Keely potty pants.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dream of jeannie ditties are much better than your husband commenting "so that is what a whale looks like walking on land" and then proceeds to howl with a laughing fit.

    ReplyDelete