Monday, September 28, 2009

Road Trip!

So our big 1 year anniversary is coming up in less than a month. Back when we got married we talked about where we would go and what we would do for our 1 year anniversary. I think it was sometime this spring that we decided to go to Yosemite National Park and meet up with my Uncle Steven to hike half-dome. I did this once before, several years ago with my brother and Uncle Steven. And I would like to insert a picture here, but I can't fine one, so they must be on a disc somewhere...

Anyway, the original plan was to fly of course, but then I realized for two people to fly it would cost twice as much as driving my super efficient Dodge Neon. So we thought how fun would it be to drive to Yosemite and camp all the way there and back with all our sweet new camping gear that we got for our wedding? So on Wednesday morning we will be taking off to drive to Yosemite. On the way back we will drive through the Red Woods and hopefully find a camping spot on the beach.

We are both very ready for a break from work and excited to try out our road tripping skills as well as all our sweet camping stuff. Now if I could just get excited about packing and shopping for our trip...

Tune in next week for pictures of all our fun! (I keep going on and on about how fun this is going to be, please don't be surprised if you come back and find pictures of us with flat tires and stranded on the side of the road, it runs in my family!)

No comments:

Post a Comment