Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree!

If you know me, you know that I am a country girl, not a red-neck, OH NO, that is something entirely different, just a country girl. So when I grew up and moved to the "city" it would probably come as no surprise to you, that I was SHOCKED to learn that people BUY Christmas trees. BUY them?! Where?! Clearly, my family went way the heck out in the woods to get a tree. I'm pretty sure there are no good Christmas trees until you have driven way too far up a scary logging road covered in snow. Now that I have grown up, I will admit that I have purchased two trees in my life, one when I was in college from some cute little Boy Scouts and one when I first moved to Spokane and clearly couldn't get to my mom's for a hiking through the snow adventure! I also learned that not only do people BUY trees, but some people BUY FAKE trees. Whoa. That is some crazy stuff people. So although my husband grew up with a fake tree, due mainly to his sister's allergies (can't Bekah go live with Grandma and Grandpa?) he indulges me with the hunt for the perfect REAL tree.

Dietrich thought it was pretty awesome...

Warming up in the truck
That is a lot of trees people!
So as always, we hiked through the snow, separated from Mom and Steve, waited for them by the road, found trees for 5 families, drove on a slippery mountain road, drove over TWO trees to get off of slippery mountain road, and in the end lost one tree. But our massive tree survived the trip and made it home to take up our entire living room (thanks mom). She had to have some pretty serious trimming along the backside to fit up against the window but she is looking pretty good. And as always smells delicious. It only took two days to decorate this year, which is pretty good considering my 5 month pregnant body is a little slower and not as balanced to be going up and down the ladder to decorate our 12 foot tree. But it's done, now to finish the rest of the decorating and maybe you'll get to see some finished product pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Live with grandma and grandpa!?!?! NO! lol :) he survived me so that's good at least and now he gets to enjoy this wonderful adventure with you...but maybe once these allergy shots kick in a little more I can come with you guys to get a REAL tree of my own and keep my fake one in a box lol!

    ReplyDelete