Thursday, May 2, 2013

Dresses

I wasn't a terrible girly-girl growing up.  I did the usual girl stuff, Barbies and dress-up and playing house, but I also played in the mud and the dirt and despised wearing dresses to school.  I always wore them for special occasions of course and enjoyed feeling all dressed up and pretty, especially since I went through a lovely phase of being a giant with an Afro wearing glasses and braces, a pretty dress seriously helped.  I remember my mom always telling me I would never steer you wrong, I want you to look your best too!  But you know how hard it is to believe our mothers when we are young, it takes having your own baby to know they are the smartest humans on the planet!  

My good friend Stacey recently commented on what a girly-girl Lenorah is.  I reminded her that is just because I dress her that way, so far she only plays with cars and seems to be a bit more on the rough-and-tumble boy side then the sweet and calm girl side.  And I'm not complaining believe me!  I love a good tom-boy and I'm sure she will have no trouble learning to mow the lawn, change a tire, and change her oil (kind of like her mom, not to brag or anything).  So back to the dresses, I love them, I love playing dress up with my little girl and I know that someday, like me, she may grow to despise dresses so I am going to put her in one every chance I have until she tells me not too.  

So here she is in her lovely birthday dress from Grandma Jane.  I know she is actually holding a doll in her hand, but it goes with her very own car.  I love this bright dress with polka dots and pink and butterflies!
 And last night I put her in the dress I wore on MY first birthday, so sweet!
 Oh yeah, but she hated it....already...
 Okay, really she was mad because by this point I had changed her dress a few times trying on ones she hasn't worn  yet, and I put a few more on her after this too...mean mommy.
 This, this is how many dresses she has.  Everything you see here is a dress.  I actually get stressed worrying that she won't have time to wear them an adequate number of times before she grows out of them.
 So today she is in a dress from Grammy Laurel, looking sweet and trading in her doll-house motor home for a hammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment