Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Big Storm

We have been doing so much around the house lately, and I really want to write a super long post about it all, but I have been in class all day, worked half the evening, and now Bryce is calling me to come and help with more weed pulling in the back yard. "I'll be there in a second!!!" So I will leave you with this quick entry.

On Friday night, mom was in town ready to help us get all kinds of things done before our house warming party (I didn't send you an invite Sarah because I thought you wouldn't drive all this way after being in the truck all week! But we would love to have you if you can make it!). So we sat around visiting when this amazing storm rolled in! We had the great idea to turn off all the lights and watch it out the back slider. It was so bright we could hardly watch! The power flickered but we didn't totally lose it.



The next morning I went out onto the recently power-washed, incredibly ugly, will not be painted before the party, deck and saw this:

Yes, we were struck by lightening! Now we know that our deck is not a safe place to watch a lightening storm. These two marks were right next to each other but there is another smaller mark on a different spot on the deck. Crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Cool lightening picture (the night sky, not the deck ones).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to make a confession. I didn't actually take that picture of the lightening. I found it on a news website, but it is lightening from the storm! I'm just not that talented with a camera!

    ReplyDelete