Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Yards and Sales

It was another busy weekend around our house! Mom came in on Friday night so that she could help us get the house ready and on Saturday morning we got up early (okay she was up early, me not so much) to hit the big yard sale in our neighborhood. We came home with a truck load of stuff! So fun! But the best buy of the day was this:

For 15 dollars! I am sure you recall that we already have a lawn mower, well as is the usual subject of my posts, it died. And I'm pretty sure it died a final death. I was using it last weekend when it puttered out and stopped. It was not out of gas...it was out of oil. This is bad in the world of engines. Turns out it had been spraying oil out the bottom. So instead of spending hours fixing it I bought this baby, and it works! And it mowed our lawn beautifully! And I will have amazing biceps by the end of the summer because it is NOT self-propelled.

Bryce spend the weekend working on our garage. He inherited a BUNCH of amazing wood working tools and stuff, but it is taking a while to figure out and organize.
Look! A picture of me working! Mom and I worked on edging and weeding the landscaped areas around the house.

We ripped out this bush with our bare hands!
Here's mom talking to Paul while taking a break in my "new" lawn chairs from a yard sale.

It was a very successful weekend and we have continued to edge and weed outside this week as well. I will have some more pictures that will hopefully include after pictures coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you get to sleep in. Jealous. You best take advantage of that while you can. ;)

    Way to go on getting so much done!

    ReplyDelete