Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's 83 degrees

We all know that I think my husband is amazing, he can fix nearly anything, and if he doesn't know how he will figure it out. I have had an indoor/outdoor thermometer since college. The first place I had it I was able to stick the outside piece on the wall with this awesome sticky stuff it came with. Since then I have duct taped it to a wall, and balanced it on the rail of several decks.

When we moved in to the new house I got the thermometer out, because I like to know the outside temperature when we walk the dogs in the morning. I balanced it on the deck rail, as usual. Bryce saw it, and being the handy and helpful husband that he is he screwed it to the outside wall. In the middle of the wall for all the people sitting on the deck to see. And as mentioned before I've had it since college, at many places, it is UG-LEEY! So as happy as I am that it is permanently up, it's hideous. This evening, after a margarita, I feel that it is appropriate to tell Bryce, "I love you. But I do not know why you put that thermometer in the middle of the wall."

I proceed to show him where it should be, hidden behind the rail on the wall. He goes and gets his drill and moves it. "Thank you wonderful, amazing, Husband of mine." I get up to look at it's new home, he screwed it on to the rail, where the rain could get it. "Um...now it will get rained on." I think he isn't going to talk to me anymore...but he did move it again. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ha! He's going to throw the drill at ya next time. Not that I know that from experience or anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! This story sounds vaguely familiar. Similar things may have happened at our house once or twice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have kept asking him to move it for various 'reasons' all the while following him around, drink in hand, supervising. It would have been fun to see how many times he would have moved it before he figured out what you were doing :)

    ReplyDelete